The customer is the heart of every business; without customers there will be no products, no revenue and eventually your company will grind to a halt. Therefore it is very important to consider effective customer service strategies at all cost.
Customer interaction through phone calls is a way to serve customers according to their concerns. A customer may call in for general inquiries about products and services that you offer, concerns about his bills or for technical support; effective interaction is essential in conversing with every customer or client. As a business owner or a manager, your staff needs to be ready to take every customer’s concern and turn every call into a winning personal interaction. Here are effective tips on how to provide a winning and effective customer service:
- Have a team to handle customer service. The job of this team is to respond to customers’ calls only. If you have a small company or business, a team of three to five employees can serve customers’ concerns. This team must compose of members that are trained not just to answer calls but to assist the customer in any type of call.
- Develop a spiel for everyone to follow when receiving or answering calls in the office. Everyone must follow this to the letter to create uniformity and to practice courtesy when answering a call or calling back a customer. Every customer deserves to be treated courteously and kindly even when he is calling because of a complaint. Constantly remind your staff to practice these strategies to efficiently carry out customer service.
- Conduct training for all your staff with regards to customer service especially handling customer calls. Even if you have a small company, training your staff is a serious way of taking customer service. Your training should be consistent and updated especially when you have new products or services that may cause customers to call in and inquire.
- Invest in a quality business phone system that can handle multiple calls. This is very important even if you have a small or medium-sized company. Choose enhanced business phone units that are capable of handling multiple extensions, has centralized features and a variety of features that can help your staff handle different kinds of calls.
- If you have a medium or large-scale company then you should consider using a business answering service. A telephone answering service is a third-party call center that will handle customer phone calls especially when you expect high volume of calls for a campaign, a project or a particular season (Christmas season, Black Friday, etc.). This service ensures that you will have uniform and efficient response to your customers’ concerns since you are hiring a qualified and professional staff. Hiring an answering service will help you concentrate on other important aspects of your business and allow you to have more time for other concerns. Most answering service companies are available as project-based service. There are so many answering services on the web; compare features and rates to help you find the most suitable service to meet your business’ needs. You can check out www.pcncallcenter.com for more information on an answering service.